The Center for LGBTQ and Gender Studies in Religion (CLGS) is seeking a Coordinator for our Asian/Pacific Islander Roundtable.
For a full Job Description for this part-time position (currently 20 hours per month), click here.
The Coordinator provides theological expertise; programmatic and convening support; and ministerial services to the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) Roundtable by coordinating programs (currently all online during the Covid-19 pandemic) and events of the Roundtables, and facilitating community and resources among Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) persons from API backgrounds.
- Publicly represent the API Roundtable in national and local settings;
- Provide theological expertise to support the work of the Roundtable;
- Expand the network of the API Roundtable in collaboration with individuals and organizations around the country;
- Maintain regular communications with actual and potential constituents of the Roundtable;
- Oversee the development of curricula and other resources in various media (in online and/or print formats) for use by API religious communities, religious leaders, and laity;
- Assist in the development and implementation of Roundtable events and programming;
- Maintain and expand the Roundtable’s social media presence and contribute to CLGS’s overall social media efforts;
- When feasible, assist in fundraising for the Roundtable; and
- Supervise occasional part-time student assistants and volunteer assistants
Education and Experience Requirement(s):
- Master degree in theology, religious studies, and/or ministry;
- Minimum of two years of teaching and/or ministerial experience; and a minimum of two years of experience in community organizing;
- Experience in spiritual guidance (chaplaincy experience desirable).