A YEAR-LONG LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
In this amazing and intense opportunity, participants will attend and actively participate in 3 powerful conferences, build relationships with new and known colleagues, and journey deep into the meaning of what leadership means and feels like for people of faith who also identify as transgender or genderqueer.
- Grounded in their own faith and theology while sincerely open to and accepting of people of differing faith traditions and theological positions;
- Open-minded and excited to encounter the diversity of the Cohort and the communities they will encounter throughout the year; with a commitment to inclusivity and justice;
- Prepared through some foundational work that addresses the impacts of institutional oppression and personal prejudice based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ableism, immigration status, economic class, etc;
- Eager to be a part of the group experience of the cohort, including awareness of group dynamics, a commitment to ongoing presence with the group, and a willingness to connect between meetings as appropriate;
- Energized to fully engage this experience.
- Build solid collegial relationships with other members of the cohort and with the broader trans communities, grounded in respect, justice, and compassion;
- Be able to articulate the experience and distinct nature of trans religious leadership, including identifying how this impacts their own leadership style;
- Have examined the relationship between their trans identity and their faith experiences and traditions, reflecting theologically on the intersections between them;
- Be well prepared to speak effectively about the trans experience and trans-related theology to individuals and faith and other groups to increase understanding and promote dialogue;
- Develop additional skills for faith-based leadership, as appropriate to the individual path of each Cohort member, such as preaching, pastoral care, health and wellness, etc.
- October 2015
CLGS Multi-Faith Transgender Summit – 3-day Symposium hosted by the Pacific School of Religion’s Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies in Religion and Ministry, in Berkeley, CA from October 15 -17, 2015.
- January 2016
Creating Change’s Faith Track, Practice Spirit Do Justice! Join us for this National Conference on LGBTQ Equality from January 20-24, 2016 in Chicago, IL, sponsored by The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.
- August 2016
Transgender Faith and Action Network Conference in Charlotte, NC, hosted by The Freedom Center for Social Justice.
II. Participants will be responsible, with support and direction from Trans Cohort faculty, for developing and leading a conference workshop at one or more of these national conferences.
III. At the conclusion of the Trans Cohort year, prepare a personal reflection on the experience and its impact on the individual’s life that can be used to encourage others to participate in the Trans Cohort experience in the future.
Deadline Extended! Apply By:
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Email Applications to email@example.com
This leadership development experience is sponsored by the Pacific School of Religion’s Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies in Religion and Ministry, The Freedom Center for Social Justice’s Transgender Faith and Action Network, and The Institute for Welcoming Resources at the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.